Wednesday 5 March 2014

Wooden, Blue and Aztec

I didn't know what to call this post. I did a mani inspired by (well known, inspiring) Chelsea Queen and she calls it Abstract Aztec. It has wooden look, blue colour and aztec motif, so for the title I figured.. whatever.


More on how I did this after the jump.


The Process:
I started with nude base colour, then I used distressed technique (there is a great tutorial on Chalkboard Nails!) with two brown-ish polishes and one even lighter than the base. Then I painted the aztec pattern with acrylic paint (white, blue, brown, black).



What I used:
Rimmel 367 Bare Necessities (nude base)
three The New Black polishes (above)
Maybelline colorama 165 (brown)
acrylic paint
NYC Turbo Dry top coat


I found this cute sheep while taking photos and I had to include it here.


These turned out quite different than my inspiration, I don't mind and I'm so glad I discovered this wooden effect, I wore this mani two weeks ago and - little sneak peek here - I'm wearing another wood-based mani right now.
What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. galorious.blogspot.com5 March 2014 at 20:05

    I always love your photos! i fell in love with this design the first time i saw it on chelsea's blog, and ive fallen in love all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is gorgeous! I am going to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look gorgeous -- I love the look of the "wood" base combined with the bright teal designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yess, I can't wait to see, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.