Tuesday 1 April 2014

Matching Watermelons (+tutorial)

Hi!
Today's design was inspired by a top from Primark I own. I knew I had to recreate the watermelon pattern the moment I saw it.


It was very simple to do this - I have a short tutorial for you after the jump. 

The Process
1. Paint your nails black.
2. Paint white triangle-ish shapes (as shown). You can skip this step in case you are using light base, but if you have dark base, be sure to use white first to make the red pop.
3. Add red and green. Don't worry if the shape is not perfect, you'll fix it in following step.
4. Get the right shape by outlining the melon with the same colour your base is.
5. Add black dots, in true wallop shape, if possible.

What I used
two The New Black polishes (below)
acrylic paint (white, red, green, black)
NYC Turbo Dry top coat


I feel like the photos didn't turn out as well as I expected, these nails looked better in real life. 


Watermelons on light base are now on my to-do-in-summer list. Or maybe different fruit? Tasty!
What do you say? Do you like matching your outfit to your nails? (Ok, I've asked this before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.